(Click to see potential Attendees)
(Click to see Pictures)
JEVER STEAM LAUNDRY
JSL AGM 21st March 2015
128 Piccadilly, London, W1J 7PY.
A note on the 2015 AGM in the RAF Club on the Saturday 21st March 2015, 'release brakes' at 1800, or before if short of fuel get your drinks from the Running Horse until our bar opens at 1800 hrs. We are holding it one week later than usual to avoid a clash with 23 Sqn's 100th Anniversary. It will be one week before the clocks go forward and two weeks before Easter. We also miss the annual St Patrick' s Day Parade which makes access to the Club difficult on the Sunday Morning. It also avoids Mothers' Day which is the Sunday before.
(100 yards E of Hyde Park Corner tube or 600 yds W of Green Park- Both Piccadilly Line - see map below).
Last year 34 attended. We awarded the Golden Share to Danny Lavender for not only regular attendance but also his stirring choral contributions - to which he added again this year. Remind me I must capture the words to all those songs which I have long forgotten!
This year Chris and Toni Stone came over from the States and we had a 93 Sqn mini-re-union.
The Club is repeating its choice of one of the following four hot dishes (2014 prices shown):
1. Steak Kidney and Mushroom Pie with Roast Potatoes & Vegetables - £17.50
2. Chicken Curry with Rice and Popadoms - £17.50
3. Fish & Chips - £17.50
4. Grilled Minute Steak with Chips & Salad garnish - £17.50
When you reply to our Calling Notice, (which we hope to send out in February 2015), please let Mick know if you want food and what your choices are. Please pay for it at the bar on the night. If you are staying at the Club give your room number and it will be charged to your account. Please try to give Mick an e-mail address, even if it is for a friend or relation who can pass it to you. The cost of postage was about £40 last year and of the 178 calling notices that Mick sent out there were still 55 requiring stamps.
Mick has 8 rooms reserved again for anyone who wishes to stay at the RAF Club, (you do not have to be a member), just let Mick know what type of room you would like.
The costs at the RAF Club for 2014, which do not include breakfast (£8.25), are as follows:
Single room £71.00 £85.50
Double room £119.00 £142.00
Double Superior room £134.50 £161.50
Come to the JSL while years last!
I have the honour to be
Your Almost Obedient Chairman
JEVER STEAM LAUNDRY
To Mick Ryan, Far End, Chipstead Lane, Sevenoaks, Kent TN13 2RG
AGM 2015 1800 Hrs
I will/will not be attending. Accompanied/unaccompanied
I do/do not require accommodation. If so, type?....................................
Please reply by e-mail if possible to: email@example.com
(Underscore, shifted hyphen, not a hyphen between mick and ryan.)
Please note that we use email letters to all those who have email addresses and ordinary mail to those who do not, so please keep us up to date. This year there were 55 posted and 123 E-mailed.
FOOD CHOICES ALL.
Please enter number of each required:
1. Steak, Kidney & Mushroom Pie - Roast Potatoes and Vegetables - £17.50.........
2. Chicken Curry with Rice and Popadoms - £17.50.......
3. Fish & Chips - £17.50.......
4. Grilled Minute Steak & Chips and salad garnish - £17.50......
Updates (Especially email)
Information Comments or Polite (MN) Suggestions (including who should get the Golden Share?):
1. I offer the following suggestions for those who may make a late decision to come and may not be able to gain a room in the Club.
2. Where web sites exist, I leave those of you on the net to look up the details. I have included some basic information on the accommodation for those not on the net so you will be able to contact the organisation of your choice.
3. Caledonian Club. The RAF Club has reciprocal arrangements with other clubs both in UK and overseas for RAF Club members only. The Caledonian Club is one of them and is within easy walking distance of the Club, being at 9 Halkin Street Belgravia. [See map below}. The telephone number is: 020 7235 51662 - however, do not deal direct with the Caledonian Club in the first instance. I suggest you do that through Mick to avoid any booking cockups. I have included the number so if you are accommodated there you can contact the Caledonian Club about your personal arrangements.
4. Direct Hotels London - www.Hotels.com. Modestly calls itself the most popular Hotels website for cheap hotels in London. I suggest that if you are not on the net you ask a relative of friend who is, if you can call and see the website. It would be easy for the person to book online for you. There is a map showing where the hotels are. Prices vary according to the 'Star' rating. If you make a sudden late decision to attend call on 0871-200-01718.
5. Victory Services Club - www.vsc.co.uk. The Victory Services Club is a Tri-Service, All Ranks Members' Club for currently serving and retired members of the Armed Forces, ideally located at Marble Arch in the heart of London's West End. You will need to join (Single membership is £20 per annum through varying other categories to the most expensive Family [joint] £45 per annum).
6. Even if you are not coming to the AGM, it is worth noting that parents or children of serving or ex-service personnel can join in their own right under one of the membership categories, even though they have not been in any of the armed services. So if you or one of you family take grandchildren (or in our family more accurately termed 'domestic terrorists') to London for treats just once a year you will more than likely break even. Two visits and you are in the money. Costs vary: a single room, including breakfast, is £39.50.and at the other end of the scale, a family room en suite with 2 adults plus 1 sprog is £144.50. If you are not on the net, I suggest you do as I suggested above and ask a relative or friend who is to let you see the website. You can then do a virtual tour. It's a really good deal. Telephone 020-7616-8302.
7. I hope this information was useful.
LIST OF POTENTIAL ATTENDEES AT THE JSL AGM 2015 - 1800 hrs SAT 21 MARCH 15
RAF Club Room Booking Ref
21 + 6 ladies = 27 total
- Pat King - President - 2. Chicken Curry3587785
- Audrey King - 2. Chicken Curry3587785
- Chris Barraclough - 2. Chicken CurryOwn booking
- Archie Barraclough - 2. Chicken CurryOwn booking
- Joss Thornton - 2. Chicken CurryNot Required
- Sam Thornton - 2. Chicken CurryNot Required
- Michael Collins2. Chicken CurryNot required
- Lisa Aitken - 3. Fish and ChipsNot required
- Vic Dabin - 3. Fish and Chips3587780
- Ron Gray - 2. Chicken CurryOwn booking
- Del Gray - 1. Steak Kidney PieOwn booking
- Paul Hayward - 1. Steak Kidney PieNot required
- Peter Jones - 1. Steak Kidney PieOwn booking
- Danny Lavender - 1. Steak Kidney Pie3587779
- Johnny Macknish - 2. Chicken CurryNot required
- Bill Maish - 2. Chicken CurryNot required
- Tim Maish - 2. Chicken CurryNot required
- Eric McFee- 2. Chicken CurryNot required
- Eric Pigdon - 2. Chicken Curry3587781
- Nigel Pigdon - 2. Chicken CurryOwn booking
- Miles Pigdon - 4. Steak and ChipsOwn booking
- Al Pollock - 2. Chicken CurryNot required
- Trish Pollock - 4. Steak and ChipsNot required
- Mick Ryan, Web Master - 2. Chicken Curry3587784
- Jo Ryan - 1. Steak Kidney Pie3587784
- Eric Sharp - 1. Steak Kidney PieOwn booking
- Clare Sharp - 1. Steak Kidney PieOwn booking
Total Meal choices:
1. Steak Kidney and Mushroom Pie - 9
2. Chicken Curry with Rice - 16
3. Fish & Chips. - 2
4. Steak & Chips - 0
No food - 0
Total - 27
Apologies for Absence:
- Dickie Barraclough - Broke leg falling down stairs!
- George Beaton
- Tinkle Bell
- Pete Bouch
- Fred Butcher
- Henry Chambers
- George Clayton-Jones
- Barry Dale
- Peter Drummond-Hay
- Don Exley
- Alison Fleming Jim Hugill's daughter
- Norman Giffin eye operation
- Ken Goodwin
- Sue Goodwin
- Gil Gray
- Bill Harper
- Joy Harris
- John Hawtin
- Bob Holliday - Cancer treatment
- Colin Lamont
- Ann Lamont
- Paddy Minnis
- Kay Minnis
- Derek North
- Ken Senar
- Mamie Sharman
- Chris and Toni Stone
- Gordon Talbot
- Sheila Talbot
- Tommy Thompson
- Brian Thornton
- Ann Thornton
- Jane Tydeman, Hammer West's daughter
- Philip Westwell
- Eric Pigdon.
- Ron Gray 4 Sqn gives a piece of his mind to Johnny Macknish 93 Sqn.
- Nigel Pigdon.
- Eric Pigdon.
- Johnny Macknish, Miles and Nigel Pigdon.
- Johnny Macknish.
- Eric McFee.
- Pete Jones and Mick Ryan.
- Happy Del and Ron Gray.
- L to R: Al Pollock back, Trish Pollock back, Vic Dabin front, Claire Sharp front, Pat King back,
Bill Maish front and Ron Gray front.
- L to R: Danny Lavender in full voice, Bill Maish back, Pat King front, Audrey Ling back, Trish Pollock front, Lisa Collins front and Al Pollock front.
- Nigel Pigdon chatting to Eric McFee.
- Eric McFee.
- Ron Gray and Jo Ryan.
- Ron Gray.
- Pat and Audrey King talking to Nigel Pigdon.
- Ron Gray sharing a joke with Johnny Macknish.
- Ron Gray.
- Michael Collins and his daughter Lisa.
- Vic Dabin and Claire Sharp.
- Jo Ryan and Eric Sharp.
- Al Pollock.
- Pat King and Trish Pollock.
- Danny Lavender and Pat King.
- Paul Hayward.
- Left to Right: Mick Ryan in background, Trish and Al Pollock.
- Danny Lavender serenading the masses.
- Danny Lavender holding forth to Bill Maish, Ron Gray and Paul Hayward.
- Danny Lavender leading Bill Maish in the singing.
- Left to Right: Al Pollock back hand to head, Trish Pollock back, Vic Dabin facing, Claire Sharp facing, Johnny Macknish back, Bill Maish facing and Ron Gray facing.
- Danny Lavender rendering another song with left to right Bill Maish and Ron Gray joining in.
- Left to Right: Audrey King back, Trish Pollock facing, Lisa Aitkin facing, Al Pollock facing and Mick Ryan back.
- Left to Right: Danny Lavender sharing a joke with Pat King.