No. 122F/GA Wing.
MOVEMENT ORDER No. 1/53
Map Reference G.S.G.S. 4072 1500,000 Bremen
Appendices :- "A" Composition of Advance Party.
"B" Composition of Main Party.
"C" Composition of Air Party.
"D" Composition of Rear Party.
"E" Composition of Road Party.
1. No. 122 Wing is to carry out a period of armament training at
A.P.S. Sylt from 19th May, 1953, to 15th June, 1953.
2. To move the personnel, aircraft and equipment of No. 122 Wing from
R.A.F. Jever to R.A.F. Sylt.
3. An advance party composed as at Appendix "A" is to proceed to
R.A.F. Sylt by road at 06.30 hours on 11th May, 1953. On arrival at Sylt
the officer in charge of the party is to report to the Administrative Wing
Adjutant. The former is responsible for the preparation of domestic and
technical accommodation for the arrival of the main and air parties.
4. The main party consisting of personnel as shown at Appendix "B"
is to proceed to Sylt by rail from the siding outside the equipment section
at R.A.F. Jever on Monday, 16th May, 1953. The party will be under the Command
of Plt.Off. BOULTON. The time of departure will be notified later.
5. The air party consisting of personnel and aircraft as shown at
Appendix "C" is to proceed to Sylt as early as possible on Tuesday, 19th May
1953, under arrangements of O.C. Flying Wing.
6. Long range tanks are to be carried, but are not to be filled unless
instructions are issued to that effect at a later date.
7. Dinghies and life jackets are to be worn on the flight to Sylt and
on all sorties from Sylt.
8. The rear party composed as shown at Appendix "D" is to proceed to
Sylt by rail, after the aircraft have left, on the 19th May, 1953, on the
11.54 hours train from Sande, arriving at Westerland at 19.49 hours. Should
the air party be delayed by weather or other considerations the N.C.O. in charge
of the rear party is to ensure that the rear party arrives at Sylt in the
shortest possible time after the departure of the aircraft from Jever.
9. Rail warrants for the rear party are to be arranged by respective
squadrons. The Flying Wing Adjutant is to arrange for any Flying Wing
headquarters personnel warrants.
10. A road party consisting of one Fordson R.V.T. 367A, six three-
tonners and air refuellers is to proceed to Sylt on Sunday, 17th May, 1953
at 08.00 hours. The party is to be under the command of Flg.Off. S. LOVE
and is to night stop at Hamburg Altona. (Composition of Road Party is at
11. Equipment is to be transported in railway wagons which will
position at Jever on 17th May, 1953. The waggons are to be fully loaded
and ready to move by 17.00 hours on 17th May, 1953. Squadron Commanders
are to ensure that all the equipment liable to be required on the attach-
ment is loaded. The equipment is due to arrive at Sylt by the evening of
Monday, 18th July, 1953, and is to be off-loaded by 17.00 hours on 19th
12. The Catering Officer is to prepare haversack rations to the
following requirements :-
(a) Advance Party 10 men by 06.00 hours 11th May.
(b) Main Party 160 men by 06.00 hours 18th May.
(c) Rear Party 22 men by 10.00 hours 19th May.
(d) Road Party 18 men by 07.00 hours 17th May.
13. The M.T. Officer Jever is to arrange for the transport detailed
Appendix "A" and "B" to be provisioned and documented for the journey
14. The M.T. Officer Sylt will arrange from Westerland to
North Camp for the main party on Monday, 18th May, 1953, and for the rear
party on 19th May, 1953.
15. Squadron Commanders are to take spares pack-ups consisting of the
spares most commonly consumed at A.P.S. Sylt. In addition Squadron Commanders
are to use their discretion in taking any ground or items of mobility
equipment which they consider will assist the success and efficiency of the
16. Barrack Blocks are to be left in a clean and tidy condition and
all doors locked. Room keys are to be left on the key boards held by
N.C.O.'s i/c floors and their room keys are to be handed to the Station
17. Airmen are to take with them their full kit, including webbing
equipment. The main and rear parties are to travel in best blue uniform.
18. The postal address whilst at Sylt will be :-
Number............. Rank......... Name..................
19. Normal crystallisation is to be used for the flight to Sylt.
Signed SR Coulson
(S.R. COULSON) Wg.Cdr.
Officer Commanding, Flying Wing,
8th May, 1953. Royal Air Force, JEVER.
Internal :- External :-
Station Commander Royal Air Force Sylt (3)
Officer Commanding Administrative Wing Movements Gutersloh
Officer Commanding Technical Wing
Officer Commanding No. 4 Squadron (3)
Officer Commanding No.93 Squadron (3)
Officer Commanding No.112 Squadron (3)
Senior Secretarial Officer (A)
Officer i/c P.II Section.
Officer i/c P.III Section.
Officer Commanding Inst.Trng. Flight.
For F540 6
Spares 7 - 10
Appendix "A" to
No. 122 Wing
Movement Order No. 1/53.
COMPOSITION OF ADVANCE PARTY.