(Click to see Attendees)
(Click to see Pictures)
122 Wing JEVER STEAM LAUNDRY
124 Wing GUTERSLOH
62nd Anniversary 122 Wing JSL AGM and 124 Wing Oldenburg to Gutersloh Reunion - Lunchtime Sat 18th May 2019
at the RAF CLUB
128 Piccadilly, London, W1J 7PY.
Lunchtime has not been convenient for everyone as some longer distance travellers in UK are committed to two overnight stops. But as it seems to work for the majority we are continuing to hold the reunion on Saturday lunchtime - we are serving food at 1300 hrs to allow extra time for the distant travellers. Mick's "Management" tells him that 1330 was too long to wait. If you can't make it by 1300 we are sure the Club will hold your meal for you. Just another reminder, if a food or accommodation booking is not cancelled before 15 May 2019 - Mick Ryan will be charged the full amount! Calling Notices will be going out early April 2019.
(100 yards E of Hyde Park Corner tube or 600 yds W of Green Park- Both Piccadilly Line - see map below).
122 Wing Jever Steam Laundry Jever
31 attended last year - 21 from 122 Wg and 10 from 124. The Golden Share was awarded to Dickie Barraclough - for regular attendance over many years.
We have lost one less this year since the last AGM, (probably because there are fewer of us left!) Seven in all: Bill Ritchie, John Farley, Peter and Jennifer Jones, Charles Gibbs, Paddy Harbison and Mollie Asker.
Once again I would just like to reiterate and remind relatives of those who have died, regardless of when, that you are very welcome to attend. Some relatives may have reservations about this, but please do not feel shy, you will be made very welcome.
124 Wing Gutersloh (plus Oldenburg & Ahlhorn)
Alan Pollock writes here in Fred Daley's temporary absence in Paris but should be back in UK on 6th/7th April. The great news is that both Petra and Fred hope to be with us at this year's Reunion and will be staying then at the RAF Club. As many know, Fred has not had any e-mail connection for some long time. If Alan can help anyone, his E address is firstname.lastname@example.org & his tel 01483 272517 with best time to contact him usually 3pm to 1030pm. Fred and Petra are both well and now living in UK and have settled in Worcester permanently. Their address is Flat 19, Whiston Court, White Ladies Close, Worcester WR1 1QA Tel: 01905 724 425 (mobile 07940 953167)
The Club is offering a choice of one of the following three hot dishes:
1. Steak, Kidney and Mushroom Pie with Roast Potatoes & Vegetables - £21
2. Chicken Curry with Rice and Popadoms - £21
3. Fish & Chips - £21
and for those who want to stay with the usual 124 Wing sustainers:
4. Sandwiches (2 Rounds) - £10.50.
5. And with any of the above, or by itself, Soup of the Day with Roll and Butter - £6.50
When you reply to our Calling Notice, please let Mick know if you want food and what your choices are. Please pay for it at the bar on the day. If you are staying at the Club give your room number and it will be charged to your account. Please try to give Mick an e-mail address, even if it is for a friend or relation who can pass it to you. The cost of postage was about £20 last year and, this year, of the 143 calling notices that Mick sent out there were still 22 requiring stamps.
Mick has not reserved any rooms this year at the RAF Club. If you would still like to stay either before or after, (you do not have to be a member), just let Mick know what type of room you would like. We recommend that you book early as the club is very successful these days and the rooms go several months ahead for the weekends. However, RAF Club members can book in to the Cavalry and Guards Club next door or any attender can book into the Caledonian Club (see Alternative Accommodation on the web site).
The costs at the RAF Club for 2019, which do not include breakfast (£11.75), were as follows:
Single room £94.00 £119.00
Double room £146.00 £192.00
Double Superior room £163.00 £210.00
Breakfast: In Dining Room: £11.75. Continental also available in the Cowdrey Lounge.
I have the honour to be
Your Almost Obedient Chairmen
Bill Maish and Fred Daley
JEVER STEAM LAUNDRY
To Mick Ryan, Far End, Chipstead Lane, Sevenoaks, Kent TN13 2RG
AGM 2019 18th May starting at 1200 Hrs
I will/will not be attending. Accompanied/unaccompanied
I do/do not require accommodation. If so, type?....................................
Please reply by e-mail if possible to: email@example.com
(Underscore, shifted hyphen, not a hyphen between mick and ryan.)
Please note that we use email letters to all those who have email addresses and ordinary mail to those who do not, so please keep us up to date. This year there were 32 posted and 135 E-mailed.
FOOD CHOICES ALL.
Please enter number of each required:
1. Steak, Kidney & Mushroom Pie - Roast Potatoes and Vegetables - £21.........
2. Chicken Curry with Rice and Popadoms - £21.......
3. Fish & Chips - £21.......
4. Sandwiches (2 Rounds) - £10.50 (Please say if not white bread)......
5. And with any of the above, or by itself, Soup of the Day with Roll and Butter - £6.50.......
Updates (Especially email)
Information Comments or Polite (MN) Suggestions (including who should get the Golden Share?):
If mail please return to: Mick Ryan, Far End, Chipstead Lane, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN13 2RG
1. I offer the following suggestions for those who may make a late decision to come and may not be able to gain a room in the Club.
2. Where web sites exist, I leave those of you on the net to look up the details. I have included some basic information on the accommodation for those not on the net so you will be able to contact the organisation of your choice.
3. Caledonian Club. The RAF Club has reciprocal arrangements with other clubs both in UK and overseas for RAF Club members only. The Caledonian Club is one of them and is within easy walking distance of the Club, being at 9 Halkin Street Belgravia. [See map below}. The telephone number is: 020 7235 51662 - however, do not deal direct with the Caledonian Club in the first instance. I suggest you do that through Mick to avoid any booking cockups. I have included the number so if you are accommodated there you can contact the Caledonian Club about your personal arrangements.
4. Direct Hotels London - www.Hotels.com. Modestly calls itself the most popular Hotels website for cheap hotels in London. I suggest that if you are not on the net you ask a relative of friend who is, if you can call and see the website. It would be easy for the person to book online for you. There is a map showing where the hotels are. Prices vary according to the 'Star' rating. If you make a sudden late decision to attend call on 0871-200-01718.
5. Victory Services Club - www.vsc.co.uk. The Victory Services Club is a Tri-Service, All Ranks Members' Club for currently serving and retired members of the Armed Forces, ideally located at Marble Arch in the heart of London's West End. You will need to join (Single membership is £20 per annum through varying other categories to the most expensive Family [joint] £45 per annum).
6. Even if you are not coming to the AGM, it is worth noting that parents or children of serving or ex-service personnel can join in their own right under one of the membership categories, even though they have not been in any of the armed services. So if you or one of you family take grandchildren (or in our family more accurately termed 'domestic terrorists') to London for treats just once a year you will more than likely break even. Two visits and you are in the money. Costs vary: a single room, including breakfast, is £39.50.and at the other end of the scale, a family room en suite with 2 adults plus 1 sprog is £144.50. If you are not on the net, I suggest you do as I suggested above and ask a relative or friend who is to let you see the website. You can then do a virtual tour. It's a really good deal. Telephone 020-7616-8302.
7. I hope this information was useful.
LIST OF POTENTIAL ATTENDEES AT THE 122 Wg JSL & 124 Wg AGM 2018 - 1200 hrs SAT 18 MAY 19
20 + 13 Ladies = 33 Total
- Bill Maish, President - 2. Chicken Curry with Rice
- Dickie Barraclough - 2. Chicken Curry with Rice
- Tinkle Bell - No food.
- Michael Collins - No food
- Michael Collins' Friend - No food
- Ron Gray - 4. Sandwiches
- Audrey King - 5. Soup of the Day with Roll and Butter
- Clive Hagerty-King - 3. Fish and Chips (Gluten free)
- Danny Lavender - 3. Fish and Chips
- Johnny Macknish - 2. Chicken Curry with Rice
- Eric Pigdon - 2. Chicken Curry with Rice
- Nigel Pigdon - 2. Chicken Curry with Rice
- Mick Ryan, 122 Wg Web Master - 3. Fish & Chips and 5 - Soup of the Day
- Jo Ryan - 2. Chicken Curry with Rice
- Eric Sharp - 1. Steak Kidney Pie and Mushroom Pie
- Clare Sharp - 1. Steak Kidney Pie and Mushroom Pie
- Fred Daley - 1. Steak Kidney and Mushroom Pie
- Petra Daley - Own food.
- Joy Cousins - 2. Chicken Curry
- John Cooper - 2. Chicken Curry
- Susie Lovett - 2. Chicken Curry with Rice
- Jill Marriott - 2. Chicken Curry with Rice
- Derek Morter - 3. Fish & Chips
- Eibhlin Morter - 3. Fish & Chips
- Al Pollock - 2. Chicken Curry with Rice
- Trish Pollock - 4. Sandwiches (Brown Bread)
- Snip Parsons - 2. Chicken Curry with Rice
- Rosemary Parsons - 2. Chicken Curry with Rice
- Smudge Smith - 2. Chicken Curry with Rice
- Brenda Smith - 4. Sandwiches (Brown bread
- Bob Snare -3. Fish & Chips
- Pamela Snare -3. Fish & Chips
- Sheila Stanway - 2. Chicken Curry with Rice
Total Meal choices:
1. Steak Kidney and Mushroom Pie - 3
2. Chicken Curry with Rice - 15
3. Fish & Chips. - 7 ( 1 Gluten free)
4. Sandwiches - 3 (2 brown bread)
5. Soup of the Day with Roll and Butter - 2
Vegetarian - 0
No food - 4
Total - 33
Apologies for Absence:
- Bob Broad
- Ted Childs
- Roy and Muriel Cope-Lewis
- Vic Dabin
- Barry Dale
- Ken Goodwin
- Sue Goodwin - Diagnosed with cancer.
- Gil Gray
- Don Henderson
- Doreen Henderson
- Bob Holliday
- Eric McFee
- Joy McFee
- Paddy Minnis
- Kay Minnis
- Derek North
- Ken Senar
- Mamie Sharman
- Chris and Toni Stone
- Gordon Talbot
- Sheila Talbot
- Brian Thornton
- Ann Thornton
- Geoff Timms
- Jill Timms
- Mike Tyrrell
- Hilary Tyrrell
- Jim Browne
- Merab Browne
- John Preece
- Nigel Walpole
- Left to right: Jo Ryan (back), Mick Ryan, Audrey King, Clive Hagerty-King, Susie Lovett, Claire Sharp and Eric Sharp. (Thanks to Eibhlin and Derek Morter.)
- Left to right: Pamela Snare, Bob Snare, Rosemry Parsons, Snip Parsons and Sheila Stanway. (Thanks to Eibhlin and Derek Morter.)
- Left to right: President Jever Steam Laundry Bill Maish, Derek Morter, rear table Snip Parsons and Rosemary Parsons (Back). (Thanks to Eibhlin and Derek Morter.)
- Left to right: Dickie Barraclough, President Jever Steam Laundry Bill Maish, Derek Morter. (Thanks to Eibhlin and Derek Morter.)
- Left to right: Left to right: Brenda Smith, John Cooper, Joy Cousins, Derek Morter (back) and Smudg Smith side on. (Thanks to Eibhlin and Derek Morter.)
- Left to right: Brenda Smith, John Cooper, Joy Cousins, Smudge Smith (partly hidden) and erek Morter (back). (Thanks to Eibhlin and Derek Morter.)
- Left to right: Brenda Smith, John Cooper, Joy Cousins, Smudge Smith and Derek Morter (back). (Thanks to Eibhlin and Derek Morter.)
- Left to right: Nigel Pigdon, Ron Gray (nearest camera), Johnny McNish, Trish Pollock, Bill Maish President Jever Steam Laundry, Al Pollock (partly hidden) and Dickie Barraclough (back). (Thanks to Eibhlin and Derek Morter.)
- Left to right: Trish Pollock, Bill Maish President Jever Steam Laundry, Johnny Macknish (back),Al Pollock and Dickie Barraclough. (Thanks to Eibhlin and Derek Morter.)
- Left to right: Sheila Stanway, Jill Marriott, Snip Parsons (Foreground), Petra Daley, Fred Daley President 124 Wing, Danny Lavender (walking), Rosemary Parsons (back of head) and Bob Snare. (Thanks to Eibhlin and Derek Morter.)
- Left to right: Bob Snare, Rosemary Parsons, Snip Parsons,and Sheila Stanway. (Thanks to Eibhlin and Derek Morter.)
- Left to right: Mick Ryan Jever Steam Laundry webmaster, Audrey King, Jo Ryan (back), Clive Hagerty-King (partly hidden), Susie Lovett, Claire Sharo, Eric Sharp and Danny Lavender (Off the ege). (Thanks to Eibhlin and Derek Morter.)