- March 1952 - Lecture at Celle by Maj Jabara USAF, move to Jever from Fassberg, drop tanks off, battle
flt., W/C Elsdon moved to Jever as OC Flying Wing, air to grd at Fassberg, Blair arrived
from 4 Sqn, Hennessy to 14 Sqn, shortage of bowsers.
- April 1952 - Battle Flt., Dimock of 4 Sqn killed at low level, to Sylt.
- May 1952 - APS continued,2 French pilots attached, return from Sylt, detachment to Twenthe,
Dawes, Francis and Jonklass atrrived, Sec State for Air visited Jever.
- June 1952 - Battle Flt., New pilots Le Breton, Hancock, Concannon and Elsdon straight from AFS,
disappointment over old Vampires from 26 Sqn, CFS visit, Ex June Primer.
- July 1952 - Old a/c being received from 26 Sqn., RP on Nordhorn, Battle Flt., Took part in flypast
over Brussels from Wahn, P/O Jonklass take off accident, detachment to RAF Odiham,
Donaldson killed, Ex Catswhisker.
- August 1952 - Duncan Sandys, Min for Supply visited, AOC's inspection, Battle Flt., 3 A/c re-equipped
with radios woth more channels, night flying, air to ground, Ex Barrage.
- September 1952 - Air/Grd R/P and cannon, Battle Flt., snake climbs, detached under canvas at Buckeburg
for Ex Holdfast, grd support for Army, Hanson demobilised, Beaumont arrived, air/grd
Nordhorn, Elsdon posted.
- October 1952 - Snake climbs, Ex Ardent bomber force against UK, Creswick and Jones best R/P shots
form 2TAF team for UK demo, Battle Flt., work on qtr attacks ready for Sylt, Autumn Ball.
- November 1952 - Cine preparing for Sylt, Meppen range first used, Duke joined, To Sylt, Dawes to UK for
RAF Squash Championship.
- December 1952 - Fog at Sylt, good stoppage rates, Grice demobilised, returned to Jever, Christmas Grant,
- January 1953 - Battle Flt., R/P at Meppen, Sagar and Jenkins joined, GCT course, Blair left, Mc
Connell replaced him, PSP landing rials at Butzweilerhof, Sagar ran out of fuel and had to
bale out, PSP slippery in rain, Jankins burst nosewheel.
- February 1953 - Continued PSP landing trials at Burzweilerhof, Holmes returned from Korea, snow, Sagar
demobilised, short landings on the trial, brake failure off the end of the runway but no
damage, 04 end of PSP runway unuseable, completed 884 landings.
- March 1953 - Returned from Butzweilerhof, Knowles joined, IF for re-ratings, Tiger flying, Meppen range
used, Hancocl engine failure crashed in overshoot area with only a broken arm, Ex Jungle
King, flypast at Wunstorf doe HRH Duke of Edinburgh, Lydiate joined.
- April 1953 - Detachment to Filton, Barostat Signal stopped formation take-offs and low flying, Bomber
affiliation with Lincolns, PIs, Dawkins to Flt Cdr 5 Sqn at Wunstorf, Bristol Aircraft
Company gave small display, Op Barrage as bomber force, BOAC gave free Stratocruiser
lift to Heathrow, returned to Jever, Knowles demobilised, air to grd firing, Lydiate and
Jenkins first solo night, Sgt Lackran joined from Sylt, Battle Flt.
- May 1953 - Battle Flt., Cine preparation for Sylt, air to grd at Meppen, practice for Coronation
flypast, night flying, Sylt detachment, flypast pilots to Gutersloh.
- June 1953 - Coronation flypast Paderborn-Munster-Hamburg and Westerland, 5% Sqn avg at Sylt,
firing in trail, glider firing useless, return to Jever, Station sports, preparing aircraft for
move to Bruggen next month, painted sharks teeth on all the aircraft, airmen's trips in
Meteor, Lackran home to be married, Bryce joined, looking forward to Bruggen, coach trip
to Dutch Grand Prix, Williamson attached to 77 Sqn RAAF in Korea.
- July 1953 - Move to Bruggen from Jever, new range at Monschau, detachment to BAF Florennes for
Ex Coronet, exstrikes on local airfields, tank attacks, Duke lost half of canopy in a bird
strike, returned to Bruggen.